For further information on Coronavirus, please visit nhsinform.scot/coronavirus or https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/coronavirus. This is also where citizens with mild Coronavirus symptoms will find the advice and guidance they need for self-care.
There is also a free helpline for people in Scotland looking for general information. This service is available daily, from 8am to 10pm:
0800 028 2816
For those who require an isolation note, please advise them not to contact their GP or NHS 24. An isolation note can be downloaded from www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus.
A dedicated Coronavirus mental wellbeing section has also been created within NHS inform for those who may need help with their mental wellbeing during this time. Please visit nhsinform.scot/coronavirusmental-wellbeing for more information.
Scottish Government and CoSLA have issued joint guidance on self-directed support options 1 and 2 for local authority and Health and Social Care Partnership staff for use during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Scottish Government info – https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/
- For NHS Scotland information – https://www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus
- For Resilience planning information – https://www.readyscotland.org/
- For young people – https://young.scot/
- For parents – https://www.parentclub.scot/ and https://www.children1st.org.uk/help-for-families/parentline-scotland/
- For families – The Spark’s Relationship Helpline service: 0808 802 2088
- For older people – https://www.ageuk.org.uk/scotland/
- For people with autism – Scottish Autism Helpline: 01259 222022; open 8am-8pm, seven days a week.
- For advice on mental wellbeing – https://clearyourhead.scot
- Guidance for employers to support BAME staff during Covid19 – https://www.staffgovernance.scot.nhs.uk/media/1727/guidance-for-employers-to-support-bame-staff-during-covid-19-21-may-2020.pdf
- Scottish Government Coronavirus News BSL – https://bda.org.uk/covid19/
- Self Directed Support Scotland General Info – Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for SDSS members and stakeholders. – Self Directed Support Scotland | Self Directed Support Scotland (sdsscotland.org.uk)
- NICVA Covid-19 Information Hub – https://www.nicva.org/covid19