Read the document
Published: June 1, 2021
2021/2022 Scottish Government Pay Policy
1. Please state the effective date (day, month and year) of your organisation’s 2021 pay review.
2. If the 2021 pay review has yet to be finalised please state the month in which you anticipate it will be concluded.
3. Please state the employee group/s covered by the 2021 pay review.
4. Please state the total number of employees covered by the 2021 pay review.
5. Please provide a copy of your 2021 pay agreement (if applicable) or generic pay circular sent to employees (that is one that does not identify any individual employee) outlining the outcome of the latest pay review if there are no collective negotiations.
6. Please state the % consolidated basic pay rise received by the lowest-paid adult (aged 18 and over) employee as a result of the latest pay review, excluding the effect of any incremental progression, merit pay or bonuses.
7. If an employee’s annual pay award is determined solely according to an assessment of their individual performance (commonly known as a merit increase) as opposed to an across-the-board pay rises (where all employees generally receive the same increase irrespective of their individual performance) please state the percentage of the paybill allocated to fund these awards, the range of increases and whether or not the awards are consolidated.
8. If any employees were eligible for individual performance-related payments or bonuses over and above the general pay rise please state the range of increases (either as a percentage of their base salary or a cash amount as applicable), whether or not they were consolidated into basic pay and please state the overall % of the paybill allocated to fund these awards.
9. Please state the overall paybill increase as a result of the latest pay review expressed as a percentage of the paybill.
10. Please state the name of the union/unions party to your main collective agreement covering pay and conditions if there are collective negotiations.
11. Please provide the name and contact details of the person/s responsible for overseeing your organisation’s annual pay review.
2. ILF Scotland align with Scottish Government Public Sector Pay Policy. Scottish Government and Unions have agreed an Interim Pay Award. We hope it will be settled by Autumn 2021.
3. All ILF Scotland employees.
5. Not yet applicable.
6. £800 consolidated cash underpin for those earning £25,000 or less (pro-rated for part-time staff),
2% basic pay award for those earning over £25,000 up to £40,000, 1% basic pay award for those earning over £40,000 up to £80,000, and pay progression to the next pay step for eligible staff who have not yet reached their pay range maxima.
10. Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS).
11. Harvey Tilley (Chief Operating Officer), Harvey.firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also find the following useful: