How can I apply?
As there is no deadline or closing date for the Fund we do not want you to feel any pressure to complete and submit your application quickly. You can find more information about the fund here.
What you will need for your application
To complete your application you will need:
- your national insurance number,
- your local authority area,
- your Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Adult Disability Payment (ADP), Child Disability Payment (CDP) or Personal Independent Payment (PIP) benefits letter, if you receive this (dated within the last two years) or
- a letter from someone who can confirm your disability. A list of professionals is below. You can download a support letter template here in Microsoft Word format.
Ask one of the professionals below that knows you and your condition well to complete our support letter template:
- a qualified and professionally registered teacher or lecturer
- a registered health professional - doctor, nurse or allied health professional (AHP), such as a physiotherapist or speech and language therapist
- a professionally registered social worker or occupational therapist
- a social care worker / key worker, registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC)
- an employee/representative of a voluntary sector organisation registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)
- a careers advisor, job coach or employability worker, employed by a Government or third sector agency.
If you can’t get a letter from any of these people, please contact us by email on enquiries@ILF.scot or by phone on 0300 200 2022 about other forms of evidence.
Things to remember
Before you start your application you should also think about these things:
- What are you trying to achieve? What’s your outcomes?
- How will taking part in the Fund benefit you?
- What do you need to buy to help you achieve things?
- Who will support you to reach your goal?
Check out our Transition Fund application tips here
You can apply online by using our online application service. This is a quick and easy service, which allows you to create an account and submit your application online. If you already have an account with us, you can log in here.
If you require the application form or any of the other information leaflets in an alternative format, or if you are experiencing any technical difficulties with the online application form then please contact us by email on enquiries@ILF.scot or by phone on 0300 200 2022.
Please do not send any personal information through our social media direct messages as these are not secure message systems.
- What is it?
- Who can apply?
- What can the money be used for?
- Limits on using the money
- How can I apply?
- What happens after I apply?
- Help with managing a Transition Fund grant
- What happens when my funding stops?
- Transition Fund policies
- Transition Fund application tips
- Frequently asked questions
- Person Centred Planning Grant
- Technology Grant
- Young Ambassadors
- Useful links