Are you a young disabled person aged 16-25, and living in Scotland? You could be eligible for up to £4,000 in funding, for 1 year, from the Transition Fund!
We can support you to try new activities and experiences that will help you:
- become more engaged and active in your community
- enhance your independence and confidence
- help you to spend more time with other people
Unsure about what you could apply for, or if the Transition Fund is really for you? Read these awesome stories from previous recipients of the Transition Fund to give you an idea of who has applied and what they received funding for.
- Find out more about who can apply
- Find out what the money can be used for
- Need inspiration? Check out Niamh's story - and other case studies in our news section.
- NEW! Transition Fund Technology Grant
Want to apply to the Transition Fund, but not quite sure what to apply for yet or don’t know what your goal is? You can apply for a person centred planning (PCP) grant before you apply for a Transition Fund grant.
Transition Fund Technology Grant
The Transition Fund Technology Grant is a new initiative designed to help combat digital isolation for young people. Applicants can pick a piece of computer technology to help them get online.
Our Transition Fund helps young disabled people in Scotland with the transition after leaving school or children’s services. Open to people between 16-25, offering up to £4000 in funding.
Please remember . . .
The ILF Scotland Transition Fund will always try to process your application as quickly as possible. To help us to do this, please ensure you do the following when submitting your application:
- include all of the relevant documents - for instance benefits letters relating to Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Adult Disability Payment (ADP), Child Disability Payment (CDP) or Personal Independent Payment (PIP)
- enclose a completed support template if you don’t have a disability benefit in payment
- provide any quotes required, if the item that you are requesting is not covered by our price guide.
If you require the funds for a specific date then please submit your application at least 12 weeks before the funds are required. This will allow us to process your application and pay the funds, helping you start your chosen activity on time. If you apply any later it is unlikely that the funds will be available when you need them.
If you need more information or help with your application, please give us a call on 0300 200 2022 or email: enquiries@ILF.scot.
- What is it?
- Who can apply?
- What can the money be used for?
- Limits on using the money
- How can I apply?
- What happens after I apply?
- Help with managing a Transition Fund grant
- What happens when my funding stops?
- Transition Fund policies
- Transition Fund application tips
- Frequently asked questions
- Person Centred Planning Grant
- Technology Grant
- Young Ambassadors
- Useful links