You can apply for the ILF Transition Fund if you:
- Are between the age of 15 and 25 years old (if you apply at 15 you won’t receive the money until you turn 16 and if you are 25 applications must be made before your 26th birthday).
- Will be resident in Scotland for the duration of the Transition Fund grant period
- Have an impairment or disability (as defined in the Equality Act 2010).
- Have less than £28,500 of personal savings.
Please note: People who have little or no formal support from Social Work Services or through Self Directed Support (SDS) will be prioritised.
Proof of disability
You’ll need proof of your disability or impairment. If you are receiving Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) this can act as proof.
Alternatively, you can also ask for a letter from your:
- Social Worker
- Local Area Coordinator
- Health Worker
- Career Advisors
- Support/Charity Worker (the charity they work for must have a registered charity number).
If you can’t get a letter from any of these please contact us by email on enquiries@ILF.scot or by phone on 0300 200 2022 about other forms of evidence.