You can apply for the ILF Transition Fund if you:
- Are between the age of 15 and 21 years old (if you apply at 15 you won’t receive the money until you turn 16 and if you are 21 applications must be made before your 22nd birthday).
- Have lived in Scotland for the last 6 months.
- Have an impairment or disability (as defined in the Equality Act 2010).
- Have less than £26,250 of personal savings.
- Have little or no formal support from Social Work Services or through Self Directed Support (SDS).
Proof of disability
You’ll need proof of your disability or impairment. If you are receiving Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) this can act as proof.
Alternatively, you can also ask for a letter from your:
- Social Worker
- Local Area Coordinator
- Health Worker
- Careers Advisors
- A registered charity (they must have a registered charity number)
If you can’t get a letter from any of these please contact us by email on enquiries@ILF.scot or by phone on 0300 200 2022 about other forms of evidence.