Read the document
Published: May 31, 2021
Advisory Group Meeting Minutes
Monday 24 May 2021
The meeting happened on Monday 24 May 2021 from 1.30pm to 3pm.
The meeting happened on Zoom.
Who was at this meeting?
Hugh John Glancy
Lee House (ILF Scotland)
Linda Scott (ILF Scotland)
Who could not come?
Peter Scott (ILF Scotland)
4 Actions from this meeting
- Lee will add the charter for involvement to each meeting agenda.
- Linda and Jim will look at the Terms of Reference before the next meeting.
- Lee will share these things from the recipient survey:
- what it found out
- the final report
- Andy will sort out a way to choose a new Chairperson and a new Vice Chairperson online.
In this document ‘recipient’ means someone who is given money by the Independent Living Fund Scotland.
1. Welcome and Introductions
Jim welcomed everyone.
2. The Minutes of the last Meeting
The recipient feedback survey is still being looked at.
3. Any other things we need to talk about
There were no other things to talk about.
4. COVID-19 – vaccines,
sustainability payments and Thank You payments
The vaccine programme is going ok. The Scottish Government have not said anything more about carrying on with the sustainability payments after 30 June 2021.
There is a 5 hundred pound payment called the Thank You payment. The Scottish Government and the Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA) are still deciding how to organise the payments.
Some members are disappointed:
- that they cannot make this payment to their Personal Assistants yet
- about how long it has taken
Members talked about telling their local Member of Scottish Parliament (MSP) to ask this question in Parliament.
5. Recipient survey feedback
Firstly the Independent Living Fund Scotland will finish looking carefully at the survey answers. Then Lee will tell the group what was found out.
6. Policy Updates
The Advisory Group sent a letter to the sponsor team about the Independent Living Fund Scotland Available Income charge. The charge has been changed from 83 pounds to 43 pounds each week from 1 June 2021.
The Advisory Group wants there to be no charge at all in the future.
The Independent Living Fund Scotland has changed Policy 41.
The changes make it easier for recipients to choose how they use the money.
The Independent Living Fund Scotland has looked at all the policies for both the funds.
The policies are now:
- up to date
- easier to understand
7. Your Responsibilities guide and Employer support
The Independent Living Fund Scotland has made some changes to:
- the guide called Your Responsibilities
- Employer Support Information Note
These are now on the website.
The Independent Living Fund Scotland will organise some online sessions to talk about these documents. These sessions will be for:
- people who manage recipients money
8. Review of adult social care
There has been nothing more said about this.
Linda thinks there will be a consultation later to help the Scottish Government decide how to take things forward.
9. Terms of Reference
The group talked about the changes to the Terms of Reference. These changes were made by the Northern Ireland Stakeholder Group.
Members thought that:
- some of it looked useful
- people might be put off if it looks too formal
Linda said the group could focus on getting new members once each year.
10. Choosing a new Chairperson and Vice Chairperson
It is time to choose a new Chairperson and a new Vice Chairperson. Linda asked everyone to think about who they would like to choose.
11. Any other business
Lee asked everyone if they were happy to have their email address in group mail outs.
He asked them to send him an email to tell him.
12. Dates of the next meetings
The next meetings will be on:
- Monday 23 August 2021
- Monday 22 November 2021
- Monday 21 February 2022
- Monday 23 May 2022
All the meetings will be from 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
This is the end of the Minutes.