Join the People Led Policy Panel (PLPP)
Inclusion Scotland are recruiting more members to the People Led Policy Panel (PLPP).
The People-led Policy Panel is a group of people with lived experience of using, or trying to use, adult social care support.
The group are working with the Scottish Government, and others, on improving and reforming the current systems as well as the co-design of the new National Care Service.
At this time, they are particularly welcoming applications from people who need social care support with certain additional lived experiences including:
- Young people or young carers aged 18-28 who use adult social care support or have supported someone who uses adult social care support from a young age
- D/deaf, Deaf Blind, hard of hearing or visually impaired people who need or use adult social care support
- People with experience of Dementia either as an unpaid carer / supporter or a person with Dementia
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) supported people or unpaid carers who use adult social care support
- Supported people / unpaid carers from different faith groups
- Supported people and unpaid carers who identify as Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, Transgender, Queer, Non-binary or Intersex (LBGTQI+)
- Supported people and unpaid carers who have recent experience of pregnancy or maternity
- Supported people and unpaid carers who live in the Western Isles, Orkney, Shetland or other remote island community
BSL Interpreters, English Interpreters, Electronic Note-takers and any accessible information and communications will be provided at meetings and events on request.
Applications must be received by Wednesday 4 October, 2023.