Public Consultation – Review of Children’s Social Care Services, Northern Ireland
The Northern Ireland Department of Health invites you to respond to the initial consultation on the recommendations from the Independent Review of Children’s Social Care Services.
The purpose of the review was to conduct a fundamental examination of Children’s Services in Northern Ireland, with a focus on quality, equity, resilience and sustainability. The Review covered all five Health and Social Care Trusts as well as a number of service provided on a regional basis.
The Review Report was published on 21 June, 2023 and made 53 recommendations. Some of these recommendations have already been accepted and are set to be implemented.
Now the Department of Health are looking for people to respond to the consultation and give their views on the recommendations.
Responses are welcome from anyone with an interest in or views on the subject covered by this consultation, but in particular:
- those with lived experience of children’s social care services
- those from different groups and communities including from LGBTQIA+, minority ethnic communities and those with a disability
- organisations that provide support to children and families
- senior leaders, frontline professionals, such as those working in health and social care, education, housing and the criminal justice system
- academics and researchers
- the general public
There are 3 ways you can respond to the consultation.
- Complete the questionnaire online.
- Download and complete the questionnaire then email it to email@example.com by 27 November, 2023
- Download, complete and print the questionnaire then post it to Children’s Social Care Services Consultation Response Team, Room A3.5, Castle Buildings, Stormont Estate, BELFAST, BT4 3SQ.
Responses to the consultation must be received no later than 27 November 2023.