What can the money be used for?
Money from the ILF Scotland Transition Fund can be used to help you participate in new activities. It might be things you’ve not been able to take part in previously.
We want to help you to:
- become more engaged and active in your community
- be more independent
- spend time with other people
Successful Fund applicants show us how they meet the outcomes listed above.
You can use the money for things like:
- art lessons 🎨
- music lessons 🎼
- a device or piece of technology 🖥️
- to join a class 👨🏫
- to join a club 🤼
- travel training 🚌
- training courses 👩🏫
- sport lessons ⛷️
- driving lessons (we do not normally fund vehicles or vehicle insurance) 🚗
- sports equipment 🏊
- photography/film equipment 📸
- musical instruments or music production equipment 🎻
- gym membership, including personal trainers (if not funded elsewhere) 🏋️
- developing independent skills 🛠️👌
We've pulled together a price guide for items and services that are commonly requested. If you've decided to apply for one of these items, you don't need to submit a quote with your application - just tell us how much you need from within the guide prices. See the Transition Fund Online Price Guide or get it from the Downloads section below.
This is just a small list of examples of what you could apply for. If you’re not sure what you want to apply for, you can check out some of our previous successful applications.
If you’re still not sure what to apply for, you might consider applying for a person centred planning grant to start and use the Fund to employ someone to help you plan out what you’d like to do in future.